What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
My cookies help to:
- Make my website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve this website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping me to offer the service I do at the price I do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to this site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use this site.
Third party functions
- YouTube video players for videos I want to share with you.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily share the content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter I have included sharing buttons on this site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Google Analytics and Jetpack are both used to generate anonymous statistics on this website.